- Alice Medrich Visits on Sunday, 1 February 2015 at 3:30 PM(1 day)
- Ribbon Cutting at Rakestraw Books on Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 1:30 PM(3 days)
- Dr. Christine Carter & The Sweet Spot at Livermore First Presbyterian Church(8 days)
- Journalist & Historian Peter Stark Visits on Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 7 PM(11 days)
- Children's novelist Michael Northrop Visits on Friday, 13 February 2015 at 3:45 PM(13 days)
- Novelist Joyce Carol Oates Returns on Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at 7 PM(17 days)
Indie Next List
"The Bookstore in Danville"
3 Railroad Avenue (next to Starbucks)
Danville, California 94526
We are open seven days a week.
Mon - Fri 9 AM - 6 PM
Sat 9 AM - 5 PM
Sun Noon - 5 PM
We are routinely open later during events.
"Rakestraw Books is a gem: small, perfect, and the more you peer into it, endlessly deep. The love of good books animates and inspires the place; the staff is passionate and smart – every visit offers equal measures of entertainment and instruction. And Michael Barnard may just be the best bookseller in the Bay Area – which, given the competition, is high praise indeed."
– Michael Chabon