Sophie's lost in the jungle, and the sun is going down... Sixth grader Sophie Washington, her good friends, Chloe and Valentina, and her parents and brother, Cole, are in for a week of adventure when her father signs them up for a spring break mission trip to Costa Rica. Her dreams of lazing on the beach under palm trees are squashed quicker than an underfoot banana once they arrive in the rain forest and are put to work, hauling buckets of water, painting and cooking. Near the hut they sleep in, the girls fight off wayward iguanas and howler monkeys, and nightly visits from a surprise "guest" make it hard for them to get much rest after their work is done. Then Sophie and friends take a wrong turn in the jungle and things get even more wild... Here's what Goodreads reviewers say about Sophie Washington: Mission: Costa Rica:
- "What a great book Perfectly suited for children. Reading level at about 3rd grade. But also a great book for parents to read to younger children."
- "Love this series "
- "This is the 2nd book I have read and have really enjoyed. Plus, passing them on to my granddaughter and then discussing them after she is finished reading is an added bonus "
- "Another fun addition to the series. I really liked the overall message of the book."
- "The author has done a good job of creating characters that feel genuine and relatable. It's a light-hearted, contemporary story perfect for kids in the 2nd-4th grade."
This is the sixth book in the Readers' Favorite five star rated Sophie Washington book series that includes:
- Sophie Washington: Queen of the Bee (Book 1)
- Sophie Washington: The Snitch (Book 2)
- Sophie Washington: Things You Didn't Know About Sophie (Book 3)
- Sophie Washington: The Gamer (Book 4)
- Sophie Washington: Hurricane (Book 5)
- Sophie Washington: Mission: Costa Rica (Book 6)
- Sophie Washington: Secret Santa (Book 7)
- Sophie Washington: Code One (Book 8)
- Sophie Washington: Mismatch (Book 9)
- Sophie Washington: My BFF (Book 10)
- Sophie Washington: Class Retreat (Book 11)
Kids Ages 8-12.