Lonely Planet Experience California 1 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Lonely Planet's Experience California travel guide reveals exciting new ways to explore this iconic destination with one-of-a-kind adventures at every turn. Bike, boat, swim and ski at Lake Tahoe, take an iconic drive on Route 66, scout mural masterpieces in San Francisco - using our local experts and planning tools to create your own unique trip.
Inside Lonely Planet's ExperienceCalifornia:
- Local experts share their love for the real California, offering fresh perspectives into the region's traditions, values and modern trends to make your travel experience even more meaningful
- In the knowtips to help you build on your experiences when visiting well-known sights and landmarks
- Fun insights that will pique your curiosity and take you to the heart of the place - make time for your mind in a bath of bubbling volcanic mud in Napa; slurp freshly shucked local oysters along the NorthCal coast; spot great white sharks and gray whales at California's richest natural habitat: Monterey Bay
- Insider scoop on the best festivals, secret hangouts, hidden locations, tantalising local food scene and photo-worthy views
- Handy seasonal trip planner to guide you on where to go, when to travel and what to pack
- Practical information on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay, and responsible travel
- Comprehensive selection of maps throughout and beautiful full-colour photography to inspire you as you plan your unforgettable journey
- Covers San Francisco & the Bay Area, Napa & Sonoma, Northern California & the Redwood Coast, Central Coast, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs & the Deserts
Lonely Planet's Experience California is an essential travel guide for all explorers looking to immerse themselves in the region's culture. Each book within the Experience series contains handy trip building tools so that you can take your pick of the must-see attractions and activities as suggested by our local experts – and create your own dream travel itinerary to get away from the everyday. Unlock even more travel secrets using the QR codes throughout each guide and discover story-worthy travel moments that you'll never forget.
About Lonely Planet:
Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world's number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
"...these new Experience guides from Lonely Planet are irresistibly attractive."- The Washington Post Book Club
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' – Fairfax Media (Australia)
Offering fresh perspectives to surprise the visitor with things they hadn't thought of, as well as fresh takes on the well-known sights, there is a wealth of insider tips help with discovering hidden gems and get around like a local. Expert insights includes California wine culture, San Francisco souvenirs, stunning hikes, outdoor splendour, Mexican cuisine, getting the most out of Yosemite, famous drives and desert escapes, the magic of Hollywood, and more!
Practical information and tips on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay, and responsible travel make "Experience California" an invaluable resource for itinerary planning.
"Experience California" covers: San Francisco & the Bay Area, Napa Valley & Sonoma, Northern California & the Redwood Coast, Northern Mountains, Central Coast, Highway 1, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Palm Springs & the Deserts, Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada.
Critique: Thoroughly 'user friendly' in organization and presentation, "Experience California" is nicely illustrated throughout in full color, compact and portable in size (5.45 x 0.63 x 7.1 inches), and an invaluable resource for planning everything from a day tript to a full fledged vacation, "Experience California" is especially and unreservedly recommended for personal, professional, and community library California Travel Guide collections.
Editorial Note: With over 150 million guidebooks in print, Lonely Planet is a trusted source for any traveler. Since their inception in 1973, they have inspired generations of travelers to discover amazing places and enabled curious travelers to get off the beaten paths to appreciate different cultures and become agents of positive change.—James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief Diane Donovan, Editor Midwest Book Review, California Bookwatch: January 2023