"The Language Lizard Idiom books are ... a teacher's dream come true ... #1 pick for teachers everywhere. ... readers will have a whale of a time discovering new phrases and expressions, while turning pages with laughter and joy." - Tara Brown, ESL, English & Spanish teacher
What does it mean to have a green thumb?
How do you show your true colors?
Idioms can be confusing, but they help you to understand English and are a lot of fun to learn
With clever multicultural illustrations, idiom meanings, and example sentences, With Flying Colors explains common color idioms in a way that makes them easy to understand. It's a perfect book to teach culturally and linguistically diverse students.
With Flying Colors includes bonus material to support English language learners and promote culturally responsive teaching, such as links to:
- English audio of the book
- Information about the history of the idioms in the book
- Additional color idioms, their meaning, and history
- Lesson plans to help teach idioms while exposing children to other cultures
With Flying Colors is a great resource to build language skills while having fun
Un modismo es una frase que dice una cosa pero significa otra. Un modismo puede ser una forma r pida de decir algo complicado. Saber modismos te ayuda a entender y hablar ingl's con fluidez. Este libro contiene modismos sobre colores.
Other books in the Language Lizard Idiom Book Series (available in English and bilingual editions):
- Fresh as a Daisy - English Nature Idioms, Fresco Como Margarita - Modismos con Naturaleza en Ingl s
- Icing on the Cake - English Food Idioms, Glaseado Sobre El Pastel - Modismos con Alimentos en Ingl s
- The Lion's Share - English Animal Idioms, La Parte Del Le n - Modismos con Animales en Ingl's