Icing on the Cake - English Food Idioms (Haitian Creole-English): Glasaj Sou Gato A (Paperback)
"The Language Lizard Idiom books are ... a teacher's dream come true ... #1 pick for teachers everywhere. ... readers will have a whale of a time discovering new phrases and expressions, while turning pages with laughter and joy." - Tara Brown, ESL teacher
What does it mean to use your noodle?
Why would you spill the beans?
Idioms can be confusing, but they help you to understand English and are a lot of fun to learn
With clever multicultural illustrations, literal translations of the idioms, meanings in 2 languages, and English example sentences, Icing on the Cake explains common food idioms in a way that makes them easy to understand. It's a perfect book to teach culturally and linguistically diverse students.
Icing on the Cake includes bonus material to support English language learners and promote culturally responsive teaching, such as links to:
● English audio of the book
● Information about the history of the idioms in the book
● Additional food idioms, their meaning, and history
● Lesson plans to help teach idioms while exposing children to other cultures
Icing on the Cake is a great resource to build language skills while having fun
Other books in the Language Lizard Idiom Book Series (available in English and bilingual editions):
● Fresh as a Daisy - English Nature Idioms● The Lion's Share - English Animal Idioms
● With Flying Colors - English Color Idioms